Reflections is a National PTA sponsored arts recognition program that encourages artistic expression. Each year a new theme is selected to guide the students. Use your imagination to create a film, song, artwork, photograph, poem, short story or dance routine. You may enter as many times as you like in as many categories as you like. Each entry must be accompanied by an official entry form. Be sure to reflect the theme in your work.
- Literature – Fiction or nonfiction, prose, poetry, drama, or short story (must not exceed 2,000 words or 8½ x 11 inches)
- Visual Arts – Original print, drawing, painting, collage, photographic collage, metal etching or punch work, fiber work, or computer-generated artwork (must be flat, not more than 3/8 inches thick, maximum size 18 x 24 inches including a mat)
- Photography – Original black-and-white or color image, single print or collage (maximum size 18 x 24 inches including a mat)
- Musical Composition – Voice, instruments or a combination of both, with or without lyrics (maximum time 5 minutes, a CD recording of a performance of the composition should be submitted.)
- Dance Choreography – Original dance choreographed by the student with up to 3 dancers.(maximum time 5 minutes, should be submitted on a CD or DVD)
- Film Production – Original work, animation, narrative, documentary, experimental, computer-generated (no PowerPoint, maximum time 5 minutes, CD or DVD)
- Special Artist Division – This is an option for students with disabilities who receive services under IDEA or Section 504 to have the opportunity and accommodations they may need in order to participate fully in the program. The Special Artist Division offers modified rules and guidelines to ensure that every student has the chance to be part of the National PTA Reflections® program.
Please visit www.wastatepta.org for more information.