The month of Febraury is Reading Olympics time at Cougar Valley Elementary. The purpose of Reading Olympics is to encourage children to choose reading as a leisure activity. Students may work towards a Bronze, Silver or Gold medal by reading or being read to for the required amount of time for their grade.
- Bronze Level: 360 minutes or average 90 mins/wk
- Silver Level: 480 minutes or average 120 mins/wk
- Gold Level: 600 minutes or average 150 mins/wk
- Bronze Level: 480 minutes or average 120 mins/wk
- Silver Level: 840 minutes or average 210 mins/wk
- Gold Level: 1200 minutes or average 300 mins/wk
You can help your child by setting aside a time each evening for reading. We would encourage you to read a book yourself or have your child read aloud to you or the whole family. This will encourage your child’s participation. If you or another family member reads aloud to multiple children, each child may record those minutes.
View and print the weekly progress slips here.
Thank you for your part in helping your child become a successful reader!